Monday, May 20, 2013

Low level anxiety

I stayed home from work today.  Something hit my sinuses late last week and the allergy meds hadn't really caught up until today.  The last two nights I slept very badly.  Today I tried to get a few things done, but mostly napped and then watched too much about the tornado in OK.  My son is training to become, most likely, a first responder.  Freaks me out a little some days because he is, you know, my little boy.  18, 6'3" but still my little baby.  A U.S. military trained soldier, but my kid.  The guy I had nightmares about leaving at daycare.  The bundle of joy that brought out my tiger when a bee first buzzed near him.  The only person who showed me what real love is.  Choosing a career that puts him in harm's way in order to save lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment