Friday, January 3, 2014

1-1-18

I've wanted to try art journaling for a while but was held back by two things.  First, it is daunting to create something from nothing at all-that blank page staring at you.  Second, I have nothing profound to say and so the idea of decorating my lame words seemed... stupid.  Then the solution dawned on me.  What are the best written words ever???  And of the Bible, the Psalms are the most personal and emotional, so that's where I started.  I recently came across Psalm 119 and despite the cute acrostic-ness, it is a very profound set of words.  I debated a while over which translation to use and settled on The Message, at least for now.  The most "regular language" version I have.  I don't think I would recommend it for anyone's only Bible, but I picked it up cheap at Goodwill and for the Psalms, in my "art journal", I think the language is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment