Saturday, June 27, 2015

Perfect day?

I don't know how it could get much better than today.  72° and slight breeze, a few puffy clouds overhead.  I had an inexpensive sandwich from a deli in Monroe, then found a $3.00 brat for a fundraiser for the Winslow Museum.  YUM!  And I just ate 1/2 of a rhubarb (and strawberry) hand pie I got earlier today for just $2.00 each at the Dane Co Farmers Market around the state capitol square in Madison.  The trick to a decent day is getting a REALLY early start.  I went to bed with the sun last night, and rose again with it.  The birds started chirping around 4:30 am and I had wisely chosen to sleep so that the dawn would help wake me up (not gonna happen tonight!)  I was in Madison just after 7 and there was no line at Short Stack Eatery.  Sweet Potato Oat pancakes with cinnamon whipped cream and strawberries.  Yum again.  It's just after 3 and I'm back in my campsite about to take a nap.  Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment