Monday, July 20, 2015

Decision Making if you are a Christ flower (tee hee)

How's this for some EXCELLENT advice on decision-making: (this came from here and I LOVE the typo in #2)

So how do we tap into the wisdom of God? First, we acknowledge that all wisdom comes from God. Second, we ask. Like James the brother of Jesus wrote, “If any of you lacks wisdom he should ask of God.” (James 1:5) After I have asked God, I have learned the value of taking inventory to help me decide God’s will. Here are five questions that I often asking when trying to find God’s will in a certain situation: 
  1. What does God seem to be saying in His word?  I look for patterns of thought in my general Bible reading. Sometimes a certain pattern will surface that gives me insight into the direction God is leading.
  2. What does the Holy Spirit seem to be prompting me to do? Remember if you are a Christ flower, you have the Spirit of the Living Jesus living within you. When making a weighty life decision – I create space to sit in silence to listen for the Holy Spirit’s prompting.
  3. Which option brings God most glory? God created us to bring Him glory so it makes sense to consider which option brings God most glory? Sometimes a good question that helps me determine which choice brings God the most glory is to ask myself, “Which way is the way of faith?”  
  4. What is the best use of my resources?  This is a good question because it analyzes not only how to best use your financial resources but also how to best use the gifts, talents and abilities that God has given you.      
  5. What are my mentors saying? I am a huge fan of mentorship. I believe we all need people in our lives who are farther ahead in their spiritual walk. These folks can be a great resource in assisting us in finding God’s will.


No comments:

Post a Comment