Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Poof

I've been dabbling with the site Plenty of Fish.  Unlike Christian Mingle, it is actually free.  It is also just plain disheartening.  Picky guys all looking for something just a little better than me.  Or less religious.  Or prettier.  Or looser morals... or... or...
Disheartening.  Discouraging.  Depressing even?  I think I'm done dabbling.  If I was truly serious about finding someone, I'm sure it could work.  But I guess I don't really want a relationship because it still sounds like too dang much work and not really worth the effort.  All the drama and rigamarole and for what?  What do you get when you fall in love?  You only get lies and pain and sorrow.  So for at least until tomorrow, I'll never fall in love again.  I'm never gonna fall in love again.  (Child of the 70's, what can I say!  Thank you, dionne warwick for those words). From the musical Promises, Promises which was based on the play The Apartment which was a much better piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment