Saturday, August 3, 2013

Fleas and Pie

It has been about a year since I last went to the Flea Market.  I used to go pretty frequently with my mother about 18 years ago but as my dad's health declined, we went less.
Old junk and pie.  And maybe a frozen banana on a stick.  But the pie is surprisingly good.  I had a slice of peach with my sandwich (icky) and it was good.  Flakey crust, not underbaked, with nice, soft, tasty pieces of peach in a well-formed jell.  And now a piece of pecan pie in an appropriately different crust and, while this is a bit of an oxymoron, the filling is not too sweet.  The crust is holding up well under the filling.  Really good pie!  At the Kane county Flea Market!  Might be worth the price of admission just to come for the pie!  I look forward to trying the cherry and the apple.  Maybe next month?

No comments:

Post a Comment