Monday, December 16, 2013

Year 1 Month 1 Day 1

So can I still call you accountability partners if I don't fill you in on my plan?  Since you are greatly imaginary, I say... YES!

Well, ok.  My intention is to make something every day, perhaps for a year.  I get stressed rather easily with this sort of thing, so I'm trying to avoid having too many rules right away.  My first rule is that months start on the 16th and end of the 15th, because I'm an accountant in my day job and the end/beginning of a month is already horrible enough.

My second rule is more of a starting guideline.  I was thinking I would tackle a new craft form each month.  Which is kind of a guideline in reverse, because lately, since my job has become so hugely stressful, I've been starting new forms all the time and losing interest and refusing to feel guilty about not really mastering anything, etc. etc. etc.  So this may sound like too many forms, but for me to actually stick with one for a full month might be a stretch.

I was going to crochet.  I've crocheted off and on for many years, but never really tackled anything "real", always just playing around with edging something knitted, or doing little teacups or something.  I've been making granny squares for a few weeks, in shades of black and white and grey.  I got a used book with various patterns and I thought that, at a minimum, I could make some "sampler" squares.  Well, here it is, bedtime on the first day of the first month and I haven't done anything.  And then I stopped and thought about what I did do this evening (after working ten hours) and I made blondies and cookies for a party at work tomorrow.  While not crochet, it is something I made.  From scratch, even.  I'll post a better picture of the blondies tomorrow.

And these are Chocolate Comfort Cookies - YUMMMM!
I realize these are horrible pictures, but it's after my bedtime, folks!  And the dog needs to be walked and I still haven't showered and I don't know what my son is up to and...  goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment