Friday, March 13, 2015

H.A.H., Jr.

We lost a good man recently.  He was 80, so I guess it should come as no shock, but it certainly was a surprise.  He had been in good health.  He was dapper, and gentle.  He had the biggest hands.  I think they somehow matched his big heart.  He was a scholar, and wrote many things.  He was a teacher and taught so many people about God and His Son.  He was an Old Testament scholar, and well understood the righteousness and holiness of our God.  He was joyously grateful that God sent His Son to pay the price for our sin.  He spent his life helping to show that to other people.  He was kind and compassionate.  He modeled the sort of person that we should all strive to be.  He did his best to reveal Jesus to the world.  I will miss him a lot.  I'll miss his smile, and his warm greetings.  I'll miss his teaching and the way he gestured with those big hands of his.  I'll miss his suit & tie, and I'll miss his care for those around him.  I'm glad to have known him and I look forward to telling him one day just how much he meant to me.  I can imagine there was the angelic-equivalent of a cheer when he got to heaven the other day.  Saints who joyfully welcomed one of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment