Monday, April 4, 2011

Always Check Your Comments

I decided quite some time ago to simply blog for my own private benefit.  I had been trying to imagine what readers would like to hear about, and then spent time thinking about what I could offer.  I also fretted about what subjects, blah blah blah - I eventually decided that I would just do whatever I felt was on my mind, and let the rest go.  It's not as if I was trying to make money from this blog.  If so, I'd have advertising turned on, oui?  I had given the address to a few people who'd been asking what I was making lately.  This way they could see the photos, etc.  Of course, most of the time they would just look at me like I was talking in some weird, foreign language.  I don't think "blog" was something they were ready to understand.  Even after looking at it, apparently they never got the idea that it wasn't one static message; that they could check in with me from time to time and see the various postings.  A few weeks ago, a friend mentioned in an e-mail that he'd been checking it every so often and I was SO gratified.  Even if he only looks once a year, it would still make me feel somewhat appreciated.  WELL-Imagine my surprise to discover that I have COMMENTS!  Not just one or two, but like 10 or something!!!  And like two visitors per day!  WOW.

I know, I know. I sound a little sarcastic, but I am being totally sincere.  (I know; I'm always sincerely sarcastic, so what's the difference, right?)  I guess I'm just surprised to find out I'm not exactly the person I thought I was.  I keep looking for approval on craft project choices from co-workers, stuff like that.  I get deeply thrilled to discover that someone is reading this.  Who am I???

No comments:

Post a Comment