Sunday, August 31, 2014

Have you ever been afraid?

I have not been very "in touch" with my emotions.  For how long?  Maybe ever?  Maybe I'm a sociopath.  Isn't that what they label someone who has no emotions-no, wait, that's someone who doesn't care about other people or their emotions.  And Asberger's is when a person can't read others' emotions.  Stoic?   Frozen? Confused?  Dispassionate?  Sublimated?  Well, whatever the name, that's me.  I seem fearless most of the time,  and then I realize that's mostly because I don't take very many risks.  Certainly not any big risks, the ones with possibly big rewards.  Which is kinda silly.  Fear is a pretty stupid way to live your life, my head tells me.  You certainly need to exercise due caution and make intelligent choices, but fear sneaks in and colors the scene until everything seems so unreasonably risky.  And so I choose inaction all too often.  Almost every time.  Until I get super fed up with myself and let loose on a dumb choice just to prove I can.  Makes me tired :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment