Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A little more light over here, please!

We have payments made for my company by Wells Fargo and whenever I see that name, it makes me sing the song, either in my head or out loud.  (I have a similar problem with Saginaw, thanks to Simon & Garfunkel.) I had explained this to the two women I work with recently, just so they'd know why I suddenly burst into that song every few days.  Well, it happened again this morning.  So then I commented that the song was from O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, but then corrected myself and said The Music Man.  And also sang little parts of some of the other songs from that show, although I couldn't remember the name of the song that Buddy Hackett sang in the film version (Shipoopi).  One of my Christian co-workers joked that I should try out for a musical.  A little later, on a whim, I Googled amateur theater in Illinois and came across open auditions for... The Music Man!  In about a month.  In the next town over (I could ride my bike!) Wow!  I couldn't believe it. 

As if that wasn't enough, a little later than that, I started to wonder about the theater company, and whether they might support a point-of-view that I don't ascribe to and, what do you think I found?  Bible verses.  They are a Christ-centered theater company!  What an amazing God!

No comments:

Post a Comment