Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Briefcase/Computer Bag/Purse

This is a UFO that is functional.  I made it for a meeting last week and it works well.  I'm actually glad it isn't quite done, because now I can fix a few things.  I also made a little bag for my new smart phone, so it can have a little protection when it's bumping around in there.  The back section can expand out to accommodate a computer.  I didn't pad the purse itself, figuring I'll make a padded sleeve for the computer to slip into before putting the whole thing in the purse.  I bought way too much fabric and someone pointed out that the magnetic catch will be bad for the computer (or phone) so I'm going to swap it for a mechanical snap.  I also need to re-work the top-I hate how it caves in.
There is some gorgeous brocade on the inside.

and the little phone-case baby bag

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. I'm floored. Rendered utterly speechless. Beautiful, beautiful work. Makes Prada look like a bunch of clowns. Not just the workmanship, it reveals the thinking that went into the design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and btw, the magnetic button should be just fine. All laptop computer hardrives are shielded enough to withstand the tiny magnetic forces generated by the button. Booq uses them even in the interior of their bags. Should be fine, as long as they aren't rare earth magnets.

    ReplyDelete