Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Purple bracelet

I finished this bracelet this morning, while I waited for my digestive system to do its thing.  I also wore the bracelet to work and had one of the "stones" fall off before I even got to work.  Fortunately I found it in my coat pocket, so I'll be gluing it back in place after this.  I wish my camera had a half-flash setting, then perhaps I could use it without washing everything out, unlike this photo where the colors are tanned and you can't even appreciate the pale greens and purples.

3 comments:

  1. Does your camera have a white balance setting? That will make a huge difference if you set a custom white balance before you shoot. For example, here is the same photo with about 60 sec worth of color correction:

    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1bTlQHdocT3NzY2OWE5M2ItYzMyYS00MjRiLTk2MDgtNGQxYjgxMjMzYjM1&hl=en&authkey=CIzAjcIB

    If I were to spend some time on it, I could do better, but most of what I did was to simply change the color temperature. If you are lighting with incandescent lights, setting your white balance to Tungsten should make a huge difference.

    Another thing you can do is go to Target and get a cheap lampshade, the cheaper the better. You can use it as a daylight diffuser. It's a great way to shoot jewelry without spending big bucks on a cloud dome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid to have too much color show correctly or everyone will see my spotty skin (vitiligo). Ah, ageing - idn't great?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can fix that in post too. But honestly, until you mentioned it, I didn't notice. If you'd post some good photos of yourself I can confirm what I suspect: that time has been kind to you.

    ReplyDelete