Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Some older work

These are some things I made a little while back.

This hedgehog was from a library book about english-garden-inspired knits.  One day I'll post a photo of the sweater-coat I knit from it too.  This had a fun stitch to lock the loops in place.  His nose is too big and needs to be tucked in place where it's just pushed in right now.


This was probably another Lions pattern - it knitted up fast with double-strand Homespun.  It has a fun ladybug botton on the top.  Unfortunately it also weighs about 6 pounds and ended up a litle too wide for me.  And since it's acrylic, it is really warm unless the wind is blowing AT ALL and I live too near the Windy City for that to work out!


I love these little bags-they are fast to make, don't take much fabric and are easy-easy to carry, especially if you wear them backpack style.  The most expensive part is the colored cord.  A cheap way to update your "wardrobe".


This was a two-fold project.  I needed a bag for school that could hold file folders.  I was also making a quilt for my grandmother and wanted to test out my color choices.  Both turned out well, although the bag is too floppy for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment