Saturday, February 2, 2013

Breaks my heart

So as we were finishing up at the 72-hour meeting with the recruiter, my son asked a question.  He told Sgt that he really wants a dog and would get one as soon as AIT was over, but if he got deployed, what would happen to the dog. Sgt and I sort of looked at each other and I quipped that I'd have myself a new dog.
IT BREAKS MY HEART every time I think about what he said.  Mostly because it was such an innocent question.  It breaks my heart to think that my son is so unprepared for how hard and ridiculously painful life is going to be sometimes.  I just want to drag him home amd lock him up and keep him safe and sound.  I don't want him to have to find things out the hard way like I did.  I don't want him to realize things afterwards. I don't want him to get his heart broken. I don't want his trust to be misplaced. I don't want him to despair. I want him to finish strong and upright, not get twisted and have to find ways to cope.
Father, I know you love him even more than me.  Take better care of him than I could.  Help me feel that way

No comments:

Post a Comment