Saturday, January 8, 2011

Can a COA drink at all?

Is any alcohol acceptable for the child of an alcoholic?  How much is too much?  Where is that big golden line to avoid stepping over, I wonder as I consider my third drink of the evening...

EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS for that cruise.  Granted that's the big cruise, but if it really is one-in-a-life-time...???  It would be cheaper without the kid along, and also cheaper if we didn't wait for the school year to end.  Hmmm

I'm trying to be good and plan a menu.  So that I can be budget- and calorie-conscious.  Have a big plan to hit the grocery store tomorrow after church.  Speaking of which, it's communion Sunday, so I will be at the church from 7:30 until about 12:30.   Poor me :(  Boo hoo hoo.  I get to hear the sermon three times-yea for me!  (Maybe it will sink in better that way?)  And my favorite prayer-pastor is retiring (again).  He got drawn out of retirement when our last senior pastor retired, and now that the new senior pastor seems to have settled in, it's time for him to retire (again).  I will miss him a great deal.  He can still fit into his WWII service uniform (was a chaplain, of course) and he frequently would get a wee bit choked up as he led the congregational prayer.  Pretty irreplaceable, I think.  And my choir pastor/director is directing us one last time tomorrow before he leaves us for six months on sabbatical.  Sad, but his replacement was interesting at rehearsal the other night.  I'm trying to look forward to the limited-length change of pace.

Back to menu planning (blech)

No comments:

Post a Comment