Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recent movies

So I finally watched (nearly all of) District 9 because my son was nagging me to see it.  It's one of his friends' favorite movies.  I didn't really enjoy it.  I finally gave up the third time Netflix wanted to adjust my viewing because of my network speed.  Weird.  Nice to hear South African dialect and accents.  Good CGI as the aliens seemed "real".  It was rather predictable to me.  I couldn't tell him that, though.  He doesn't really want to hear my opinion, because I'm his dumb mother, you know.

I tried watching Where The Wild Things Are, but it was just too dumb.  I realize that it is supposed to be fantasy, but...  not my cup of tea.  Too fantastical.  Back to Netflix it goes!

I'm writing this with my new computer.  The old one suddenly stopped working late last week.  I finally got it to boot one last time, and was able to save some music I had down-loaded and may not have on my MP3 player.  Five-hundred dollars later, and I 'm still stuck with the broken monitor that my son managed to crack the base off of.  It sits on a plastic box and rests against the wall, so adjustments are out of the question, as is watching it from "over there" instead of straight on.

No comments:

Post a Comment