Sunday, January 2, 2011

NOT a New Year's resolution

I was in the side streets of Wheaton on December 31, and there seemed to be a large number of women running around in various parts of town, all jogging slowly with their arm clutched to their side and a look of pain mixed with determination on their faces.  And it seemed like most of their husbands were at Trader Joe's with lists clutched in their hands, pushing carts full of wine and snacks.

I made two resolutions about three weeks ago.  One was to get more walking into my days.  The second was more of a re-resolution; Pace yourself.  For the first I bought a nifty pedometer from Amazon (that was $19.95 three weeks ago!) and have been wearing daily since I got it.  For the second, I have been avoiding the TV commercials and store shelves and magazines that would have me succumb to the desire to buy my way to cleaner closests or a more-fit-me, etc.  I will tackle things one day at a time.

I have too many quilts started and need to finish some.  In order to accomplish this, I keep telling myself that I really should clean up my house.  That alone keeps me planted in the chair, needle in hand, busily avoiding housework by sewing instead.  So far, so good!

Oh - and I'm not looking for my "soul-mate" on the internet...

No comments:

Post a Comment