Tuesday, January 4, 2011

To cruise or not to cruise

My mother mentioned something a few months ago about wanting to take an Alaskan cruise.  I've often said that the only cruise I'd be likely to take would be in Alaska.  I've been researching Alaskan cruises.  On Holland America, if she'll pay for an adult fare and I pay an adult fare, my son will be essentially free.  Which cuts down on the price an awful lot.  That leaves me paying about a grand for the cruise and another 700 or so for airfare for the two of us.  All I have to do is decide a few things:

big ship vs. small ship
excursions vs. real relaxation
with Mom vs. without Mom
with son vs. without son
inside passage vs. glacier tour
which line?
pamper myself vs. support missionaries
final trip with old child vs. avoiding grumpy-teen-time
quiet time with woman who raised me vs. yet another mind-numbing staycation

No comments:

Post a Comment