Sunday, May 11, 2014

No More Complaining!

In light of my decision to end complaining in my life, I would like to express some gratitude.
My son got home from Battle Drill about 2:30 this afternoon so we were able to spend some quality time together.  He even wore his ACLs so he got a "Thank you for your service!" shouted to him across a parking lot and a large french fries for free at the local eatery.  So I'm grateful to spend time with him. I'm grateful that people honored his service.  I'm grateful that he is doing stuff he can be proud of.
AND I GOT A PRESENT!  He bought me a nifty print version of The Princess Bride.  I'm grateful that he got me a gift. 
And I have three pieces of pie waiting for me in the fridge.  Well, two and a half, since I already ate part of the Honey Pie.  Not bad.  I don't love cornmeal in a pie.  I was very disappointed that they were already out of apricot pie, so I just ordered the next thing on the list.  I didn't think the Rocky Road would survive the rest of the trip.  I'm grateful for the lovely trip, listening to my son's mix cd.  I'm grateful that my $2k car is running like a champ!  I'm grateful that I could spend the day doing whatever I felt like.  I'm grateful to live in this free country and to have the cabbage necessary to buy not just what I need but some of what I want as well.
NOT COMPLAINT:  I wish my son would stop smoking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment