Sunday, May 11, 2014

Waiting in line

I don't know whether to feel like an idiot or to feel justified in making the long trip to the Bang Bang Pie Shop and finding I'm just one of many people who thought of that on this beautiful, warm spring Sunday morning.  And Mother's Day.  And my 50th birthday.  When my son has battle drill and even if he wasn't away for the week-end would probably still have done nothing for me anyway.  Am I feeling sorry for myself again?  YES!  Am I almost over it... yes?  I will be soon, I promise.  And doubt anyone came here because of my birthday (sorry for the poor grammar above)
And what number do they randomly give me for my order?  64!  How cool is that?  The year of my birth.  I wish it wasn't quite so long ago, but still.  And The Doors are playing, and I just heard them on a mix-cd my son made for me that I was playing on the way here.  Yes, he does love me.  He made me a 5-cd mix for my trips to MI a few weeks ago.  I'm finally getting a chance to hear the last one today.  One more stop at The Hoosier Mama Pie Shop and then I'm on my way back home.  Too bad they already ran out of apricot pie here.  That woulda been excellent I'm sure.  Instead I'm settling for a ham biscuit with ramps and dijon and a slice of honey pie with lavendar sea salt.  Poor me, right? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment