Friday, May 23, 2014

Sock yarn

I've gotten hooked back onto knitting socks because of Claudia.  I realized that the key, for me anyway, is to KNIT socks.  No fancy laces or stitches or yarns, just plain old stockinette with fun yarn colors.  Knit, no purl (well almost none) and no yarn overs (well almost none) and I'm getting much faster.  My first sock fits so well!  I'm about 1/3 done with the mate and it should go a little quicker.
I got out of work early because my new bosses are actually NICE and so I drove to LaGrange to a nifty yarn store and bought just ONE SKEIN.       That part isn't true, I bought two skeins but ONLY two and I resisted the cool wood knitting needles she was handing me.  I'm sure I'll be back.  They had a lovely array of yarn---their website does not do the place justice.  And I stopped at one of my very favorite restaurants in Berwyn while I was out thatta way.  A good way two spend a gift hour!  A three hour outing that cost about 45 for the yarn and 16 for the dinner (including a very generous tip) with tons of good-to-reheat leftovers!  Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment