Thursday, May 15, 2014

Where not to begin?

This really is turning out to be more difficult than I thought.  I tried some of the big schools and it looks like only Moody has any "personal enrichment" classes... at 49.00 per class, that might be a last resort.  I also can't tell much about the classes themselves-it seems like they send you something for your money, which would be fine, but I expected a better explanation of what I might be buying.
There are all sorts of Bible studies on line.  I have to know something about the source/writer(s) before I'll plunge into anything.  I'm also looking for something that is not geared for seekers nor for graduate-level theologians.  So far nothing has fit the bill.  Almost everything seems to be geared to the absolute novice and I'm pretty far from that now.
Well, the search continues.
My good friend just gave me a daily devotional Discovering Jesus in the Old Testament by Nancy Guthrie.  So far-quite good.  We've been walking through the One Year Book of Psalms (another daily devotional) and that has been very interesting.  I never really looked at Psalm 119 before.  I've been thinking about looking for a print book about that Psalm since there doesn't seem to be anything much online about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment