Friday, May 2, 2014

We aren't all pretty Christians

Tonight I really resonate with Maggie the Cat.  "I feel like a cat on a hot tin roof!...."  "Well, just jump off."  "Where? Into what?"
Maggie knew that where she was at was not good, but Fear kept her (and everyone around her) from facing the truth and then being able to move beyond.   I get afraid of the unknown too.  If I let myself just feel, I feel anxious and afraid by nature.  Or by nurture, really.  Enough bad stuff happens when you're looking for it and you wind up convinced that life sucks.  That's why we have intellect, though, I think.  To think things through and to reason our way off that "hot tin roof".  Take a chance on trusting something and see if that one thing doesn't pan out.  I took a chance on trusting God and I haven't been let down by him yet.  Other people-other Christians-sure!, but not God.  I slide into feeling scared every so often, but as soon as I correct my focus back on him and his promises and his guidance (via the Bible), I soon find myself back on a secure path, humming a tune as I stride toward the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment