Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lunch (at my desk)

I have my new old-lady glasses on.  They make my keyboard look strangely un-square.  For me, wearing new glasses is always icky, because I like "the same old thing" and glasses are so close to my brain...These were so snug I was getting that pain in the back where they held on, and now that I've bent them the TINIEST bit, they keep sliding down my nose.  My old ones were broken and kept sliding down my nose too, but they were the ones I was used to, you know?  I'm like that with practically everything.  I've learned to challenge myself at work, to practically never do anything just because "we've always done it that way" but in my real life, I always park in the same general area at the same stores, buying (hopefully) the same stuff that has always worked for me in the past.  It makes me nutty when they change things - for example, I am allergic to nuts.  No anaphylaxis (at least not yet) but I get hives and asthma, etc.  I used to buy Brownberry 12-Grain bread every week.  My kid used to eat it, and it made decent sandwiches.  I made sure it didn't have nuts, unlike their Health Nut bread, or whatever.  We ate it for months (maybe even years).  Then suddenly, I was having mild allergic reactions and I finally figured out that is was the stupid bread.  The company started adding nuts to the 12-Grain without any particular warning.  I realize that nuts are listed in bold on the ingredients list, but if I'd been buying the bread for many, many months, did they really expect me to read the ingredients list every single time???  Does my shampoo really need to be "new and improved" that often?         When did I decide to start ranting again!  (I apologize)

I'm going to go back to making up new reports for my co-workers, because that makes me happy.  Hopefully I can avoid getting dragged into The Plan discussion that is going on behind me, because that would make me sad and grumpy.  And if I get much more grumpy, they'll have to change the name on my nametag.

No comments:

Post a Comment