Monday, August 23, 2010

Sewing machine #4

I've caved in to temptation and bought myself a new sewing machine.  Very reasonably priced, from Walmart, a Brother SQ9000.

I LOVE IT.  (except the placement of the presser foot lever)  It is meant for quilters, and so came with a walking foot, and other handy feet, as well as an additional large work table (well, table is too strong a word, IMHO).  It is computerized and has tons of built-in stitches.  Most of all, the wiring is new and the feet don't melt into my carpeting like my other machine!  I've been working on that Cross and Crown quilt like crazy.  While it is not magically finishing all the quilting for me, I am amazed at how much easier everything is.  I didn't have a walking foot before-I'd priced them out but was concerned that they would fit my old Montgomery Wards machine.  WOW, it really works.  It's a little subtle, but I don't have to work as hard to keep the fabric sandwiched right and there's a lot less puckering on the straight lines.  Even my free motion work is better with the right equipment.  It came with the clear foot, and the feed dog lever works, and I don't have to have a third hand to keep the machine from going too fast, like the Montgomery Ward machine with the bad wiring and faulty foot pedal.  I should be able to get those quilts finished up right quick.  (Hmm, guess that means I need to get my Etsy account set up, huh?)

No comments:

Post a Comment