Tuesday, August 10, 2010

WI State Fair 2010

As long as I am catching up, I thought I would post a couple of photos I took of quilts at the WI State Fair.  We go most years, although my son is not likely to go with me after this.  Too many shrugs-he clearly finds me and my interests boring.  Ah well, time marches on.  There seemed to be fewer quilts.  I did some research and it seems that if you win a quilt category, you'll win $12.00  They have additional prizes from local shops and guilds which will net you $25 or if you're really lucky, $50.  I know, I know.  I'm certainly not making quilts for fame or money, but it still seemed a bit... you know.

I'm afraid the photos don't do the quilts justice - they hang most of them from the ceiling, so the quilts are sort of queerly lit and kinda far away.



No comments:

Post a Comment