Thursday, August 26, 2010

Not quite ready for prime time

Well, wouldn't you know that despite my plans and planning, we go off to a late start this morning and now I have to decide between a big study or having a decent breakfast.   I'm hoping to start a Kay Arthur study of the Pentateuch, but I hadn't remembered all the accouterments she suggests - colored pencils and a Bible to mark up being the two things I don't have with me.

Today Oswald urges us to reflect on the peace of God.  We should, even in times of trying and trouble, look to Him for reassuring peace.  "But if you try to worry it out, you obliterate Him and deserve all you get."  Jesus as comforter.  I've gotten better at thinking this way, not as well or often as I should, but leaving things in His hands has gotten easier over the years for me.  Usually after a period of concern, not quite worry, I'll suddenly recall His assurance and can let the matter go.  Except when it comes to my son, I think.  That subject is just so hard for me to let go.  I constantly pore over the way we interact, second-guessing myself and my reactions...  I recently read a line that said something like Raising a teen is like trying to nail jelly to a tree.  Why someone might want to do that is beyond me, but I agree with the sentiment.  The stakes are just so high!  I know what he's up against out in the world, and I hate to see him go out there looking so unprepared and naive.  I just pray that in the time we have left together, that I will continue to be the mother that he needs, according to His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment