Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cross and Crown

I've begun another quilt.  This pattern is from a 1931 quilt pattern book.  I thought it might be nice in red and cream, but settled on navy and white.
The finished square is 10" and will be sashed with 4" white strips and navy squares.  I expect to put a hint of pale blue in a border strip.  I love to piece and hate to quilt, so in the past, I would have found a way to tie the quilt with yarn or floss, but I'm going to buckle down and quilt this one.  (but not by hand-eeek!)  As I was chaining the pieces, it made the coolest circle-
So maybe love is too strong of a word, but I certainly get a lot of satisfaction from piecing.  It's such a drastic change from my job - pick up pieces, match seam, sew seam, pick up pieces, match seam, sew seam - you get the idea.  I get interrupted so often at work that I feel I can never get anything really finished.  Piecing is at my own pace, as long as I can keep my eyes open (if only it weren't so HOT tonight!) and there's Star Trek TNG M Squad and Perry Mason on the tube.  Cold iced tea with plenty of lemon...  and dreams of colder days ahead, with cookies baking and a warm quilt on my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment