Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Patience please!

My son has two friends over for the afternoon/evening.  Two girls.  Sixteen.  One of them turned it today.  They were dropped off by their fathers and both fathers insisted on meeting me to make sure I was really there.  I'm here.  Tucked away in my room, giving them space to watch horror movies and eat junk food.  We're in a small condo, so I'm not TOO far away.  The thing is, I'm feeling incredibly claustrophobic.  I have gotten used to running out to wherever my little heart desires (now that my son is old enough to stay home alone) and staying put is driving me nuts.  Especially since I've spent the afternoon looking around at the creativity and projects of folks all over the net.  I WANNA GO TO THE FABRIC STORE!!!  I have no idea how much longer the gathering in my living room is going to go on.  I'll survive.  Somehow.  I should make a list for my trip to the fabric store on my way home from work tomorrow.  Yeah.  That oughta make me feel better.  Hrmph.

1 comment:

  1. Ha!! You're GROUNDED, mom!

    At least you son has enough sense to pick girls who have sensible dads. Bodes well for his future.

    ReplyDelete