Sunday, July 18, 2010

Music-Cello

I may have mentioned that I have been learning to play the cello.  I hate to bring it up, since I'm still so dreadful at it, but I wanted to mention some freeware I found that really helps me.  It's called MuseScore and I use it all the time now.  Since I already know how to read music and (so far) am teaching myself, I've been cobbling together information and exercises and whatnot from various places.  Also, I love to play hymns, but the melodies are in treble clef.  MuseScore helps me set up the music to practice all in one place, as well as helping transpose the hymns from treble clef to bass clef and into first-position key signatures.  Now all I need is time. 

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?  Practice, practice, practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment