Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Frustration

It seems as if life has reached an all-time peak level of frustration for me , as well as those around me.  And I don't think it's simply a matter of getting older and more curmudgeon-y, either.  Our newly re-habbed phone system has apparently got some loose wires and the phones intermittently work/not work/work/not work.  I can't seem to get straight answers out of people without going through a lot of effort to explain to them the sorts of things that I think they should already know.  No one seems to want to do anything beyond what they themselves see as their "job".  When I do something to make someone else's job easier, they take the effort for granted and somehow assume that any follow-up work is also my responsibility too.

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10

I always want to push on ahead in my own strength.  If I can't see the path before me I get frustrated and start casting around for a better/different/self-sufficient light source.  I take things personally and seek glory for myself, when I really need to let go of the frustration and do well those things I know I can, try to do those things I am responsible for and let the rest go.  God made me who I am and I should trust that He has equipped me as He knows I need to be equipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment