Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Follow the blogger &*%$

So, I'm new to this blogging world (it changed a lot since I last tried it three years ago!) and I have been anonymously following some bloggers.  I'm now incredibly relieved it was anonymous, because I was flabbergasted to find some folks so casually swearing on their blogs.  I watched a television show the other night at 7:00 p.m., where they were very casually using dreadful language, too.  What is this world coming to???  YUCK!  I mean, I've been known to swear from time to time, but this was so un-called-for and...  and... and... casual. No wonder my son thinks I'm nuts for pushing back on the swearing thing.  Between his games and television and movies and the hallways at school, he's surrounded by it.  There is no respect out there, either for the swearers or for those who have to listen to it, I guess.  Actually, I guess that makes me old-fashioned and out-dated and curmudgeon-y, but so be it.  I also think abortion is not a woman's choice (gasp!)  and I expect my son to hold doors open for people, especially women, and there is such thing as objective truth, not just whatever a person believes is true for them is the truth, and sin is Sin and Satan is real, not some cute guy in a red suit who sits on your shoulder trying to get you to eat more cheesecake!

No comments:

Post a Comment