Sunday, July 18, 2010

Quilt Show-Batavia

So I was inspired to start thinking about really pursuing quilting this morning.  I was awakened at 7:30 this morning by my son getting ready for bed.  It was still sort of cool outside, so I made two batches of jam, then headed for the computer.  Poking around in the blogosphere put all kinds of notions into my head, and then I came across some great mid-career advice.  One thing lead to another et voila, a quilt show just around the corner!  Batavia's Quilt and Textile Show  Six bucks later I have some home-grown inspiration in my very own camera.  Click here for flickr images.
I'm always most drawn to the appliqued quilts, probably since I don't do them.

I'm not usually a fan of holiday quilts, but I loved the way this one joined traditional piecing with the images in the middle panel.
This one is a beautiful interpretation of lady's slippers-check out the detail below
I don't think my camera captured the colors as pretty as they were in real life.
The rest of the photos are from two quilts that are related and span 80 years.  The tags tell the story...

No comments:

Post a Comment